10.13.2009

As posted on BBC

Your Name/Screenname: Susan/fozbend11
Baby's Name: Alice Wrenae
Date of Birth: 11:43pm Oct. 7th
Original Due Date: Oct. 11th (U/S said the 7th!)
Weeks Pregnant: 39 weeks 4 days (40 weeks)
Weight: 7 lbs. 2 oz.
Height: 20 in.

I went into active labor at 11 pm on the 6th. I had been having false labor since Monday morning and so I figured it was the same but as the time went by the contractions got stronger and timeable. By 2 am we decided to go to sleep and I couldn't so I got up and started timing and by 2:30 I called the midwife to let them know what was going on. At 3 am I woke up DSO and told him it was time. The contractions were making it so I couldn't sit and hardly stand. We got to the hospital and settled upstairs by 4:30 am and I was already exhausted since I hadn't slept since Monday night. They started me on nubane to help me relax between contractions as I was only 3 cm and 50% effaced. I got in the tub at 8 am and for the next 2 hours and tried to see if the water would help the pain and it didn't. At this point I was passing out between contractions and screaming in pain during. Alice's Godmomma showed up after I got out of the tub and I told her "Don't ever do this! It sucks!" LOL I opted for the epi at this point because otherwise I wouldn't be able to make it through the labor. By 11 am on the 7th I was resting and able to nap for 2-3 hours. From then on I didn't have a care in the world. I was at 5 cm before my nap. By 6pm I had jumped to 8-9 and at 8 pm they broke my water. I was 10 cm by 9 pm and started pushing at 10 pm. Alice came into the world at 11:43 pm and I delivered on my side with Godmomma holding my leg. She came out face up so I had been having back labor all day. The midwife delivered the head and shoulders and DSO delivered the rest and put her on my belly. That was the best experience he has ever had! She was slightly fluidy so they worked on that and she's perfectly fine now. She's gorgeous!

No comments: