4.23.2012

Day ... Aw hell I don't know!

So the days are running into each other now. We finished the cleanse last Wednesday with great results. I was down 7 lbs. and Dave was down 10 lbs. I had lost 4.5" and 2" of that was off my thigh which was totally impressive to me. Dave lost mostly off his belly and chest (4" total) which is where he needed it. He only made it to the evening of Day 10 without a beer ... I held off until the next day LOL

I've had some good meals going on the past 5 days and some failures. I'm not even going to post the failures because ... they just weren't that good. I think I'll start posting individual posts for particular recipes though.

Alice is still trying all the food! I'm so excited that she actually asked to try things I'm using to make food, too. She asked for a bean sprout the other day ... didn't like it, but she tried it!

This entire process of eating fresh has been very time consuming but I'm happy to say that I am gettign faster. I'm letting things slide here and there to save me sanity (like not cutting veggies for the day until the morning when I'm rushing around getting ready for work), but it's allowing me to relax int he evenings a little bit. But really: I think that my overall energy level is higher. I don't feel nearly as run down and exhausted as I had been. I wake up in the morning feeling AWAKE instead of half dead and I want to say it's because I feel better inside and I'm seeing results on the outside. My runs are getting longer as I progress through C25K and I look forward to them instead of dreading getting on the treadmill.

So far, so good! I need to buckle down and finish off this last week+ and make some really good progress!

No comments: