4.11.2012

La La La Day 3

Menu #3

Breakfast: Fridge Oatmeal
Snack: Kiwi and Egg
Lunch: Veggie Salad with Salmon and Rosemary Vinaigrette
Snack: Hummus and Veggies
Dinner: Sweet Onion Marinated Chicken and Roasted Butternut and Summer Squash

Day #2 Assessment:

I still want a drink. And it's my birthday. And I'm not going to have a drink. Because I'm cleansing. Lordy fraking hell!

Still hungry all day long for the most part. Eating an egg for snack yesterday was HEAVEN! I'm doing that again today. That hummus has my heart and stomach because it rocks. And I think I'm more tired than normal? I'm not feeling fully rested with 5-6 hours of sleep which is odd for me. I'm thinking it has to do with my body working overtime getting all the crap out of my system. I NEED SLEEP.

Going non-processed is taking A LOT of time. I think everything tastes better, for the most part, but it really cuts into any downtime I have. A.K.A. between cooking and cleaning and prepping and working 40 hours: I have no downtime nor extra work time to work on ABD stuff. I'm going to have to break and take shortcuts at some point if I want to time to work on my business. We'll see.

On to the food ....

Veggie Salad with Salmon and Rosemary Vinaigrette



Ok, the main base to this is from yesterday's dinner: The Salmon and the marinade

I kept about a quarter of the marinade in the processor and put the rest on the fish to cook. We had probably about 4 oz. of fish left over each for today's salad. After adding the vinegar to the marinade, it totally reminds me of cucumber salad (with vinegar and sugar - you know what I'm talking about??). Salmon will go over it at lunch time. Here it is all mixed at lunch. BEAUTIFUL.



__________________________

Rosemary Marinade turned into Vinaigrette

1/4 of the previous marinade
Add about 1/4 c. white vinegar
Blend and pour over salad

__________________________

Veggie Salad

Green Pepper
Yellow Pepper
Red Pepper
Cucumber
Zucchini
Onion
Grape Tomatoes

Prep beforehand and add vinaigrette so the veggies can soak up the flavor.
___________________________

Notes: IN LOVE. At first bite, I was wondering if I should have added more vinegar. As I made sure it was ALL mixed, the flavor ended up just perfect. Not too heavy to accompany this wonderful mash of mostly crunchy textures in my mouth! It's so pretty and delicious.


Sweet Onion Chicken with Butternut and Summer Squash



OMG I can't WAIT to eat this. I prepped the marinade last night and I want to take a straw and suck it all down ... it is THAT GOOD.

The dressing idea came from my friend Ashley since she uses a pre-made one to make the chicken that goes with her Strawberry Vinaigrette (see Day #1 for that salad dressing). I went and found a from-scratch recipe that would fit the bill. Sweet Vidalia Onion Dressing on SparkRecipes. Differences: I used agave instead of sugar (and less!) and used fresh garlic over garlic powder. Opppps didn't add any pepper either.

I pulled the chicken from the freezer last night and defrosted it enough to get it started and threw it in a bag with these evil yumminess to marinade before dinner tonight. I plan on baking it when I get home. Leftovers for lunch salad tomorrow and I'll make up more dressing if I have to. I could eat this every freaking day!

__________________________

Sweet Onion Dressing

1 yellow onion
1/4 c. EVOO
6 tbsp. white vinegar
2 tbsp. agave
1 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 tsp. celery seed

Cut the ends off the onion and take off the outer layer and pierce it in several places. Place in a microwave safe bowl with water and cook 3-4 minutes until soft. Either set aside to cool or rinse with cold water. Cut up into smaller pieces. Put all ingredients into blender and blend until "smooth."
______________________

Butternut & Summer Squash

Garlic Garlic
Fiesta Party mix
Onions
Oil


Toss together in a pan and cover for about 12-15 minutes. Let it brown for more flavor.
____________________________

Notes: YUM. Nuff said.

No comments: